Frequently Asked Questions
- What sets AIDA apart from other dental assistant programs in the area?
- What certification will I receive after completing the program?
- What do you mean by “hands-on training”?
- What kind of financing options do you offer?
- What’s included in our curriculum?
- Is American Institute of Dental Assisting licensed?
- What kind of class schedules do you offer for dental assisting classes?
- When do classes start?
- How can I get more information about the dental assistant program?
What sets AIDA apart from other dental assistant programs in the area?
Ours is the ONLY dental assistant program in Arizona that includes live patient clinics in our school curriculum. Also, our instructors are required to be presently working full time in dentistry and our school owner and director, Dr. Eldon Hastings has 40 years of dental experience.
- True live patient clinics during class schedule
- Lifetime job placement assistance
- Internship placement assistance
What certification will I receive after completing the program?
At completion of the course, you will receive a dental assisting certificate. AIDA also prepares you extensively for your national X Ray certification through actual hands on learning and teaching you in class.
What do you mean by “hands-on training”?
All students in our dental assisting program assist licensed dentists in performing live procedures on actual live patients—not on plastic dummies! By the time you graduate you will have real-life chairside experience assisting multiple dentists and patients.
What kind of financing options do you offer?
We have many options that will fit any budget and many resources available to help pay for tuition. Call us today to learn about the many convenient finance options.
What’s included in our curriculum?
- Live dental clinicals assisting licensed dentists. (Plastic dental dummies is NOT the way to learn!)
- Infection control protocols.
- Dentrix Dental software.
- Extensive preparation for DANB x-ray certification and coronal polishing certification exams.
- Dental anatomy & physiology.
- Working chairside with AZ licensed dentists.
- Training with latest technology-Intraoral digital scanner and handheld x-ray units.
- Much more!
Is American Institute of Dental Assisting licensed?
Yes! We are licensed by the Arizona Board of Private Post Secondary Education and recognized by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). We are the highest awarded dental assisting school in Arizona from the Arizona Private Schools Association.
What kind of class schedules do you offer for dental assisting classes?
We offer a number of classes schedules to fit your schedule and lifestyle including morning, daytime, evening and Saturday classes. Contact us today for current class availability.
When do classes start?
We have classes starting every month, we keep our classes small so students can have a great learning experience.